Sunday 11 April 2010

wherever you go...


We never really knew where Marmalade went. Grandma and I used to always wonder if the orange and white tabby cat that we saw bounding through the field, as we drove away from the farm, past the old drive-in theatre, might have been the farm cat we named together. We never found out, but Grandma used to say "I'm sure that wherever he has gone, he is happy". That was all that she needed to say to put my ridiculously sentimental and sensitive little heart to rest.

So today, April 11th, 2010, the day after my sweet and strong, little grandma passed away, I am thinking about those words that she said to me and believing (in my older but still ridiculously sentimental and sensitive heart) that "wherever she is, she is happy".

I love you Grandma.

Nand xox

2 comments:

Lori said...

How beautiful. I am sorry for your loss.

Classic Lustre said...

The simplest words are the most powerful.

Beautiful Annie. Wherever she is, she's proud of you and your lovely tribute to her. Perhaps she's found Marmelade...