Friday 13 March 2009

the future looks lovely


A short, little note today as I am preparing for our carpet picnic (homemade pizza) and have three very excited people (this includes my husband) to take care of.

On Friday, Becky and her little cluster of Chalmers children came over for a visit. When five little children, including two romantic almost-six-year-olds, a busy and energetic four-year-old and a sweet and ever-watchful one-year old, come together there is always great excitement.

By about half-way through our visit Sophie and Clara decided to dress in their wedding finest and marry the unsuspecting Sam. According to the girls, Sam was the "Awful wedded husband" and would be married to both girls.

Watching Sophie and Clara standing side-by-side, giggling and laughing, I felt like I had a glimpse of the future and although I am biased, the future looks incredibly beautiful.

1 comment:

Susan Kent Baker said...

Nand - remember when you and Tricia Buckley played dress-up for hours and hours up in Fort St. John?? You had SO much fun, and Rilla and I would sit and gab in the kitchen over many cups of tea....those were fun days, and this description of Sophie and her friends at the "wedding" reminds me so much of you when you were little.
Enjoy it all - too soon they grow up and leave home!
Love MUM