Saturday 28 March 2009

On being six


Today is Sophie's sixth birthday. Like every year before this, I have said the same thing "Wow, I can't believe Sophie is ____. Tonight, sitting across from her at The Old Spaghetti Factory, I actually could believe she was another year older. I am amazed and in awe of how grown-up and lovely she is and, am dedicating this blog to some special things that I admire and love about my oldest daughter.

Some wonderful things to know about Sophie

1. Sophie taps her feet or fingers all the time, as though she is always listening to her own happy little song

2. Sophie knows sweet little things about all of her friends, including their full names, the names of their pets, their favourite colours and what colour their eyes are

3. Sophie will rub the top parts of your arm when she is going to sleep to find the "cold spots"

4. You will hear Sophie saying to Bridget almost daily "well done, Bridget, you did a really good job"

5. Sophie dances like no one is watching any time she gets the chance

6. Sophie loves watching hockey games with her daddy

7. Sophie will identify Dido, Madonna, Chris Martin, Michael Blueberry,U2, Fergie, The Beatles and a few others on the first note

8. Sophie asks questions that make everyone think

9. Sophie loves the earth and at six is very interested in what she can do to help "Reduce, Reuse and Recycle"

10. With a twinkle in her eye and an impish grin, Sophie makes everyone laugh


Happy Birthday Sophie, I love you.


Mummy xox

3 comments:

Bee Chalmers said...

Awww...Happy Birthday sweet Sophie. You are so beautiful and such a treasure. Sophie also knows what kind of car I drive, and I couldn't even tell you the model! XOXOX

Susan Kent Baker said...

Love you too, Soph! Happy Birthday again! Nana and Papa are counting the weeks until we will be with you...remember our telephone chat when I told you 7 weeks? Not long until you and Papa can plant the garden together! Have fun today,
Love Nana and Papa

Classic Lustre said...

Awww...I got a bit sniffy reading this. How nice that our children have these blogs to read when they're older. No, wait...