Saturday 9 May 2009

Mum


On the Eve of Mother's Day, I want to write a little story about my Mum. Although she is at quite a distance at present, she is never really far away. As I did when my own daughter, Sophie, turned six, I have written a little list below of some of the things that I love about my Mum.

1) I love that my Mum always smells of warm hand cream and that her skin is so soft
2) I love the shape of my Mum's fingernails. I always loved to look at her nails when I was a little girl
3) I love the one tooth on the left-hand-side that sticks out, slightly
4) I love that whenever I think of calling my Mum, she was either waiting for my call or has already picked up the phone to call me
5) I love that my Mum calls me "love"
6) I love my Mum's cooking
7) I love that my Mum thinks that I am always too skinny even when I am far from it
8) When I was little my Mum would stroke my head when I was going to sleep. I still remember, clearly how her cool hand felt on my skin
9) I love that my Mum is just a little bit dramatic. It makes me always know where I came from
10) I love that my Mum loves me, unconditionally and with all of her heart and that I always know it

Happy Mothers Day, Mum. I love you.

2 comments:

Susan Kent Baker said...

And I love you, too, my dearest daughter! What a perfectly wonderful "tribute" for Mother's Day! I opened it this morning after breakfast, and was quite overwhelmed, with a tear or two to follow. Cannot wait to see you and give you the biggest HUG!
Love you to bits,
MUM
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Classic Lustre said...

And to add to it, Susan - Andrea told me once that she loved being so proud of her pretty mummy. When she was in school and you came to fetch her, she said she was always quite chuffed that you always looked so well put together. It's clearly rubbed off on your daughter who doesn't seem to realize that we all feel the same way about her!